Skip to main content
Licenses & Permits

Vacation Permit (Alley, Easement or Street)

INITIAL CONTACT:  Community Planning Division, 208 City Hall, 411 W. 1st St., Duluth  MN  55802.

FORM:    Contact the Community Planning Division at the number below.

FEES:  See Fee Scheduleplus County Recorder filing fee.

TELEPHONE NUMBER:  (218) 730-5580.

PROCEDURE:  Prospective applicant should meet with the Community Planning Division prior to making an application to determine issues, need and probable options.  Application is submitted to the Planning Commission and, if approved, makes a recommendation to the City Council.  The City Council may approve a resolution vacating the requested area.  If approved, the vacation resolution is filed with the County Recorder and/or Registrar of Titles.

Adam Fulton
Community Planning Division Manager
City Hall, Room 208
411 West First Street
Duluth, MN 55802
(218) 730-5325



City of Duluth, 411 West First Street, Duluth, Minnesota 55802
©2020 City of Duluth, Minnesota. All Rights Reserved | Disclaimers | Contact the City | Sitemap
Follow the City of Duluth City Facebook Page City's Twitter Feed City Youtube Channel