A typical family spends about a third of its annual heating and cooling budget on air leaks into or out of the house. Leaks can happen in many places as shown in the diagram.
High efficiency appliances, air sealing, and insulation save money and the environment. Below are average annual energy savings that are possible by becoming more energy efficient.
||Typical Annual Bill Savings
||CO2 Emissions Reduced
|Air Sealing & Insulation
FREE HOME ENERGY ANALYSIS
A Free Home Energy Analysis from Northern Energetics or Ecolibrium3 will identify which energy-saving improvements offer the greatest savings on your energy bill. The Home Energy Analysis written summary will give you:
- Analysis of historical gas and electric use
- Walk-through energy inspection, noting opportunities to reduce energy and water use
- A payback analysis on recommended conservation or efficiency measures that cost more than $100
- Identification of potentially hazardous situations and unsafe appliances
- Analysis of energy use patterns, with estimates of major appliance energy consumption, and benefits of improving appliance energy efficiency
To schedule a Home Energy Analysis, call Northern Energetics at 218-525-3078 or Ecolibrium3 at 218-336-1038. To sign up online, visit the website of our utility partner Minnesota Power here: https://www.mnpower.com/ProgramsRebates/HomeEnergyAnalysis.
ADVANCED HOME ENERGY ANALYSIS
Our Advanced Home Energy Analysis Program (AHEAP) gives you a more in-depth analysis of your energy use and usage patterns, through the use of advanced diagnostic equipment and processes.
The AHEAP report includes all the elements you receive with our Free Home Energy Analysis, with the addition of:
- Blower door tests to determine the amount of air leakage in your home.
- Thermal scans to identify location of building air leaks and check on insulation levels in walls and ceilings.
- Combustion safety tests on fuel buring equipment to check on carbon monoxide levels.
To encourage participation in AHEAP, ComfortSystems and Minnesota Power will pay up to $250 of the cost.
Schedule your AHEAP inspection by calling one of the independent contractors who have met requirements for participation in this program:
Dawn to Dusk Energy Consulting & Inspection (Ely, MN) - 218-343-4321
Ecolibrium3 (Duluth, MN) - 218-336-1038
Esolutions2 (Spooner, WI) - 715-520-3803
LJ Weatherization (Superior, WI) - 218-590-3471
Northern Energetics LLC (Duluth, MN) - 218-525-3078
HOME ENERGY CONSERVATION LOAN
Once you have received your Home Energy Analysis or Advanced Home Energy Analysis Report, you can apply for a Home Energy Conservation Loan and be on the road to lower energy bills and a reduced environmental impact.
Once approved, you can use the loan (4.9% fixed rates) for home energy efficiency improvements that will pay back in 20 years or less, including but not limited to:
- High Efficiency Furnance
- Gas Boiler
- Wall Insulation
- Attic Insulation
- Gas Water Heater
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!